Thank you Shabri for my nomination
This is my first nomination and it came from Shabri – A Door To My Life, a blogger I recently connected with. Her blog is varied but always has an upbeat positive vibe and the first post I read was about going bare (no makeup) and how it has empowered her. Go check out her blog – she posts regularly.
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD:
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” Created by: Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog and List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three things about me
- I am pregnant – I’m planning a blog post soon with gender reveal. We’ve kept it off social media and only told a few select people.
- I married my first love and best friend. This year will be our 7 year wedding anniversary but we’ve been together and in love for 18 years.
- I was born in East London and although my parent’s moved out when I was very small, I still feel a connection and pride for my former London roots.
Answers to the questions set for me by Shabri
Whats the reason behind your blogs name?
It’s my real name. I did have some unusual blog names. I started with ‘Ethereal Vanilla’ for my organic beauty blog and ‘Writer to Author’ was one of my writing blogs but when I merged it all together I just went with my name as I felt it would help people connect and identify me.
Would you go a month without pizza or would you go a month without chocolate? why?
Ooo, this is a really tricky one as I love naughty food. I like savoury food and melted cheese so pizza is winning – as long as there isn’t a spicy topping. I love milk chocolate but a bit fussy with other types and I think you can have too much of a sweet thing.
When did you start to love yourself more? how?
I spent a lot of my youth feeling like I didn’t fit in – mainly for my red hair. My husband helped me to see it was beautiful and then I did a little modelling and realised that being different is good. I still sometimes feel awkward and like a sore thumb and every so often I will get a rude comment about my hair but I am much better at brushing it off and picking myself back up and I hope to pass that on to my son.
If you could have one superpower for a week what would it be except for reading people’s mind and being invisible and why?
Ha ha, my husband and I play this game all the time. My ultimate power is ‘luck’. If you can influence luck in your favour you are pretty invincible. Someone shoots a fireball at you, luckily it rains and puts it out or they trip and luckily it shoots up into the sky. You got to the bank and borrow money and luckily they are offering free money to the next customer to walk through to door which is luckily you. I think you get the gist. You also could use it to help friends and ruin enemies – mu ha ha ha.
Your favourite blog that you have posted and why is it your favourite also provide a link too
Oh my… I am still not very good at blowing my own trumpet. I looked at my statistics and identified the post with the most likes. It is Writers and YouTube Playlists and was a featured article from my writers blog (that has now merged with this one).
I’d like to nominate Shabri because her blog really is awesome but she has already been nominated by someone else so here are some fresh nominees:
Hev with This Pug Can: If you love pugs and keeping fit, this blog tells it as it really is. You won’t see any of those fake glam shots here.
Nathaniel Tower with Juggling Writer: I recently discovered Nathaniel and featured one of his articles. His blog is a wealth of information for writers.
Andrew McDowell with An author of many parts: Andrew was the first blogger to welcome me to Word Press. I have featured a few of his articles and always find his posts engaging.
Theryanlanz with A Writer’s Path: I have featured quite a few articles from this site. The blog covers topics that are really useful for writers, especially for fiction writers.
Keithgarrettpoetry with Man of many thoughts: This guy is knocking out poems faster than you can read them – I don’t know how he does it.
Radiant Behavior: This was the first bloggers whose post I shared. It was on how to contour and how to highlight using Vapour Organic. She often reviews ethical beauty product and on how to use them.
Beccapbeauty: She writers beauty reviews and posts often. Whenever I have commented on her blog she always acknowledges me.
Rabia with Rabia Rambles: Rabia’s website has beauty product reviews and stationery that looks so beautiful that it makes me want to take up bullet journaling.
Ross Hunt with IsaBlog: Ross writes about being a father to Isabelle. There are lots of cute pictures of his daughter but mainly engaging articles about parenthood.
Slow Days, Small Feet: This mum shares tips and activity ideas to help out other parents. They are really simple that anyone can apply often using everyday items.
Questions for my nomminees
- How long have you been blogging?
- Why did you start your blog?
- As a child, what did you dream of doing for a living and what do you currently do for a living?
- Vampires, werewolves or witches – which dark creature would you prefer to be?
- If you could time travel back in time, what advice would you give your teenage self?